The Childnet Digital Leaders Programme offers young people exciting youth leadership opportunities within an inspiring online community, structured training and ongoing support from Childnet’s expert team. The programme gives young people the possibility to have impact in their school’s approach to online safety education. Many of our Digital Leaders go above and beyond and we love to hear stories of the creative ways they are sharing their online safety knowledge and using the skills they have gained from the programme.
Here are some impressive examples of Digital Leaders making a huge impact in their local and wider communities:
- Find out how Digital Leaders educated industry experts and ministers during Safer Internet Day 2020
- Learn about Digital Leaders involvement in the development of the Young People’s Charter for Safer Internet Day 2020
- Read Maariyah and Israa’s blog about their opportunity to interview the Chief Medical Officer for the BBC
- Look at how Digital Leaders from King’s Ely School engage parents through a digital picnic
- Take a look at what our Digital Champions are up to
- Hear from Swaffield School about their involvement in the module ‘Screen Time And Healthy Balance’
- Examine the Digital Leaders’ response to government’s recent consultation on the Online Harms White Paper.
“I believe the Digital Leaders Programme is brilliant for allowing young people to voice their opinions, creating a safer internet overall, and for allowing and helping young people influence other young people.”
Jahanzaib, Secondary Digital Leader